Roses are red


I thought this would be a fun way to show you some of my favourite things. I have in total 9 beauty products and a pair of shoes. I decided to go with all things red as a kind of theme, but just because these are all red doesn't mean I don't like them in other colours or shades. I just chose these ones to give everyone some ideas on what the products were like.

 

When we think of red particularly in beauty products the first thing that pops into my head is red lipstick, which I'm not particularly a fan of red lips but when I am in the mood two of my favourites to use are Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids Lipstick in Neon Red (here), this is a very bright orange toned red and is just gorgeous on the lips. Maybelline lipsticks are definitely one of my favorites from the drugstore. I have collected quite a selection of them now, there just so pigmented and long lasting and just feel really nice on the lips. 



My other go to red lip product is a lip gloss, my favourite is Bourjois Effect 3D lipgloss in 06 Rouge Democratic (here). I prefer this for in the day as its a much softer look and these lipglosses are so moisturising on your lips there really good for in the winter as the stop my lips from feeling so chapped whilst making them look pretty.

Another lip products which fits perfectly with wearing a bright red lip is a lip scrub and this one's red! Lush lip scrub is amazing and the come in so many different colours and scents. I have Santa's lip scrub which was a limited edition for christmas and tastes like cola bottle sweets. Its helps leave your lips silky smooth so you can apply any lipstick perfectly. Heres the link to all the Lush lip scrubs available at the moment.



 Me me me's Cherubs Blush is a great lip and cheek stain. Its very similar to the Benefit Benetint which I also love. This is great for giving your lips that very natural rose stained look and you can use it as a blusher to give your cheeks that glow like you've just come out of the cold. Its long lasting and looks very natural compared to a lot of powder blushers as it doesn' have that powdery finish and blends perfectly into your foundation or tinted moisturiser. I've paired it here with Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation (here).

 
I wanted to include an eyeshadow but red eyes sounds a bit scary! I decided on this MAC eyeshadow in Beauty Marked which I recently brought (link). Its a black eyeshadow with a very fine red glitter running through it. It looks amazing for smokey eyes or as a soft smokey eyeliner for a more natural eye.

Not forgetting the classic red nail either two of my favourites are Bourjois So Laques polish in Rouge Escarpin (here) its slightly deeper than your classic bright red and has an autumnal feel to it. I also like Models Own nail polish in Red Sea (here) as it has big chunks of glitter suspended in a sheer red polish and looks really pretty on its own or over a red or dark red or black.

Gucci Rush* (here) is a lovely perfume it has a very unique scent and is great for the evening as it has a warm scent that lingers on the skin. I think the packaging is so unique and looks like no other fragrance it has the feel of a cassette and being bright red you simply can't miss it definitely worth a smell.


Finally, my last item although its not a beauty item I just wanted to share it with you. These beautiful red heels brighten up any boring outfit and they a so comfy. There a really soft suede material and are all padded inside so you'll be able to party to your hearts content in these! I found them in TK Maxx.

What are your favourite red items? Beauty, fashion or anything else related!

*This was a sample given to me at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment