Baby Skin

One of the perks of my job is that occasionally I get sent new make up products to try, this week I was lucky enough to get a nice little package form Maybelline with a few of their new products for 2014 to try.
Baby Skin was one of those products I wasn't sure about trying. I've just never really got into primers I don't really notice the difference to whether I'm wearing one or not. So I'm really glad I got sent one to try.


Baby Skin is a silicone based primer which claims to instantly erase pores, you can wear it on its own or under foundation. I wear foundation or BB cream all the time so I wouldn't be able to tell you how it wears on its own, but its sits quite nicely under foundation.

I apply it with my fingers but you could use a foundation brush if you prefer and smooth it all over starting in the center of my face and blending out. It does make skin feel very smooth and helps your foundation to glide over easily, I've also found it doesn't feel greasy like I have found with other silicone based primers. Although I don't have greasy skin I did find that it slightly mattified my skin, so maybe this would be a bonus for combination to oily skin. 


Here I'm wearing Baby Skin, with Maybelline Superstay Foundation and Baby Lips in Fruit Punch.

My make up stayed on nicely through out the day and I didn't feel the need to touch up my make up through out the day, I can't say whether it prolonged my make up for longer than normal though because I didn't really see that much of a difference. 

I do like Baby Skin and will definitely use it more often but I'm not sure if I like it enough to go out and buy it though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment